When I came across Heather Perreaux (Paper Castle) I was really taken by all her lovely projects; one in particular, a baby carriage, inspiring me to create this version.
I designed this project in Inkscape & made it big enough to use as a medium sized gift box container (suitable light weight item/s only.)
Instructions for making:-
craft glue • d/sided foam tape • d/sided tape • craft knife & ruler
Crop-a-dile© or small hole punch • A3 (420mm x 297mm) cardstock & assorted extra
brads for assembly (6) • decorative bling to embellish as desired • bone folder • paperclips
pram measurements (approx) height to top of hood 8½”, length 7″, width 3″, depth 3½”
- die cut & score the pram body as shown in step 1
- cut 2 strips from scrap cardstock approx 5/8″ x 3¾”, attach to patterned strips as shown in step 2
- gather strips together for each section (use paperclips to hold together)
- overlap the bottom pleats with the hood pleats & insert a brad, repeat opposite side
- glue one of the strips of trim around body of carriage beginning at side & tucking end behind brad (add a dab of glue behind to secure)
- finger press crease at each corner, trim to fit before tucking end behind brad on opposite side
- From the 2nd strip of trim measure & cut pieces to fit across top of hood & sides (angle side pieces as shown above) & glue trims to hood
- attach hood to body (on the inside) with d/sided tape
- attach inside pieces to sides of body with d/sided tape
- assemble as shown, steps 1 through 6, attach 2 wheel bases together (for added strength) with d/sided foam tape
- punch a small hole in each hubcap, insert brads & attach to wheel bases with d/sided foam tape
- finger press to shape & place in position, sliding ends in behind side panels
- embellish further as desired & enjoy!
- I placed a 2-piece outfit inside the pram & finished off with a digital card (using graphics from my Graphics Illusions “Itty Bits” kit)
I popped a couple of triangular shaped wedges between the wheels to ensure gift would arrive safely
Like to do this project? You’ll need this SVG file which you can download here.